Thursday, September 10, 2009

7161996

I haven't published this poem anywhere, but I wrote it in 1996 when I got homesick from my friends.

It's the 16th of July again,
Today is our birthday.
Be happy my dear friends,
Though I may be a bit lonely.
In my absence I hear this song,
Singing in the wind for all of you,
Blowing into my heart where you belong.
I will forever hold our friendship,
It's the only thing in my life right now that's true.
Too bad memories pass,
If I could stop time I would make our moments together last.
So I can stay and relive the moments we have together,
These days I tend to just stop and remember.
A lot has changed,
But never this friendship that I treasure.
And I am sure as I write this poem today,
Inspired with hope and love and faith,
To my friends far away.
-Rona Llanos July16 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment