Thursday, September 24, 2009

Eyes Closed.

If happiness was the sun, then today I'm feeling night,
Coldness consumes the soul, And disappears out of sight.

Today I learned what loneliness is, Hitting me faster than a rocket,
For joy has left me with nothing but pain, Nothing that I can do to stop it.

Today misery was in my home, Spreading itself through the air,
Bitter feelings slowly growing, Yet nobody seems to care.

I try to call to those beloved, And scream my heart out loud,
But the harder I try to reach them, The further they are in the crowd.

Feeling all alone, I seek to find the path to stand up high,
But every time I stood, I felt the ground break down my life.

The more I pushed to patch the problem that chipped my heart in pieces,
The more I realized that today I have been turned off by switches.

Today I watched as those I love grew parting ways much further,
Te stabbing wound from back to chest as my body lies in murder.

Lying there I force myself I struggle to fight my fight,
As darkness consumes my empty soul, and my eyes closed tight.

-Mark Llanos

No comments:

Post a Comment